Kristen Papathanasiou is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Sports Dietitian and an Approved Eating Disorder Practitioner.
If you hate Brussels sprouts you're doing it all wrong. Boiled soggy sprouts are a thing of the past.
If you want to avoid the stink the trick is to keep the sprouts RAW.
Give my SPROUT & SPECK SALAD a go...
Toss all ingredients together, top with the citrus dressing and be prepared to be wowed.
- Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- Roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Cooked speck, pancetta or streaky bacon
- Grated parmesan
CITRUS DRESSING:(makes enough to dress a large salad for 4)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 oranges
- a splash of apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper