Mango Bliss Balls
A nourishing pick-me-up snack!
These bitesize snacks can be enjoyed as a fuel source before training, added to kids lunchboxes (if allowed nuts), or for when that 3pm slump calls for a sugar hit. Because they contain natural sugars and are loaded with healthy fats and fibre they won’t spike your blood sugars leaving you feeling energised and satisfied for longer.
*rough estimates - no need to be exact with measurements
- 1 cup dried mango
- 1/3 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup almonds or cashews
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut + a little more for coating
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Pre-soak nuts overnight in warm water.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blitz until combined.
- Form balls and roll into coconut.
- Set in fridge for at least 60 minutes. Can be stored in fridge for up to 2 weeks (if they last that long!)
Note: You can use any nut combination. I’ve used almonds, Brazil nuts, macadamia and cashews. 1-2 varieties is more than enough.
Kristen Djermanovic (nee Papathanasiou) is our Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Sports Dietitian and an Approved Eating Disorder Practitioner.