A healthy snack that will appeal to every member of the family.
Going into summer this works a treat as an after school snack and will be sure to keep the kids out of your hair until dinner!
One serving is packed with protein, calcium and fibre, all essential nutrients for growing, active kids.
This recipe can easily be adapted to suit your taste and dietary needs.
- 300ml milk of choice (cow and soy contain more protein and calcium than other varieties)
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup ice
- 1 heaped Tbs natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbs oatmeal/rolled oats
Blitz up ingredients in a blender and enjoy!
For active teens/athletes:
- Add 1 scoop of vanilla/choc protein to support muscle growth and recovery
- A scoop of ice-cream to boost calorie intake