Leftover Lamb & Potato Fritters
This recipe came about after a roast dinner I cooked for my family. I overestimated the quantity and was left with an abundance of leftovers. So I decided to transform my day old ingredients into delicious fritters to enjoy over the week (they make a great on-the-go snack!).
This recipe works well with most cooked veg. You could use peas, sweet potato, cauliflower, or corn. Anything you need to use up. If you’re a vegetarian leave out the meat. Enjoy!
- leftover roast lamb
- roast potato
- roast pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup spelt flour (or regular)
- Salt & pepper
- dried herbs of choice (oregano or Italian herbs work well in this recipe)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Start by roughly mashing the potato and pumpkin in a large bowl.
- Add in small chunks of shredded lamb. You can just use your hands to roughly pull apart the lamb.
- Mix in the eggs, flour and seasoning. If mixture is too runny add more flour.
- Heat pan to a medium-high heat and pan fry fritters in olive oil until crispy. They only need a few minutes either side.
Store in the fridge for a few days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Kristen Djermanovic (nee Papathanasiou) is our Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Sports Dietitian and an Approved Eating Disorder Practitioner.