Kristen Papathanasiou is our Accredited Practising Dietitian and an Accredited Sports Dietitian.
Loaded Sweet Potato
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut in half lengthways
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 400g can of red kidney beans OR black beans
- 1 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 Tb smoked paprika
- 1 Tb cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Tasty cheese, grated
- Pre-heat fan oven to 200C.
- Roast sweet potato halves in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- In a pan, fry off the onion and spices in olive oil.
- Add mince and cook for about 3-5 minutes. Once meat has turned almost completely brown add the tinned tomatoes and beans and let simmer with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- Once the meat is cooked, spoon the mixture over the cooked sweet potato halves, top with cheese and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve with greek yoghurt or home-made guacamole.
This can make for a perfect vegetarian dish too - just leave out the mince!