Updated 24 December 2021
All patients are required to wear a mask (unless they have an exemption) on our premises – including in Exercise Classes. The type of mask required is dependent on their vaccination level:
- Single vaccinated and unvaccinated will be given a P2 to wear while in the building.
- Double vaccinated may wear their usual mask.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
In line with the Victorian Government's most recent announcement in relation to the further easing of restrictions, there will be changes to the COVID guidelines in place at Alphington Sports Medicine Exercise + Rehabilitation effective from Friday 19 November 2021.
Our Guidelines are based on the CONTACT ASSESMENT AND MANAGEMENT RISK MATRIX from the Community Health and Emergency Services Contact Management Guidance provided by the Victorian Governments’ Department of Health. Our aim is to keep all scenarios on site in the green or yellow categories.
These Guidelines are for the safety of all on our premises and to keep our business open to provide medical services to the public. Our aim is to establish an environment where the risks of exposure to COVID-19 are managed and minimised to the best of our ability. The Guidelines cannot mitigate all risks associated with COVID-19 and are reliant on compliance by all relevant stakeholders (patients, practitioners, staff, and visitors).
Here are our guidelines, broken down into categories, to make it easier for everyone to understand:
- Please do not attend or make an appointment if you are unwell, awaiting test results, or have been exposed to COVID.
- All patients must check-in with our QR code.
- You will be asked your vaccination status when booking an appointment and Reception staff will ask for proof of that status upon arrival. This information will be added into our record keeping system and will be accessible by receptionists and practitioners.
- All patients are required to wear a mask (unless they have an exemption) on our premises – including in Exercise Classes. The type of mask required is dependent on their vaccination level:
- Double vaccinated may wear their usual mask.
- If you are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated you will be required to wear a P2 mask (which will be provided by the Clinic) on our premises. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, please call and speak to us prior to attending an appointment. We will need to make special arrangements for you to attend. If we cannot reach an agreement, then your consultation will be done by Telehealth. We also ask that only one person (parent or carer) attend with the Clinic with you. Please note: Without a mask you will not be able to participate in Group Exercise Classes.
- Those with mask exemptions may be asked to wait in their car until the practitioner is ready. (any patient can also choose to do this if they do not wish to sit in our waiting area.)
- All practitioners must check-in with our QR code.
- Practitioners will wear P2 masks when consulting and masks to be replaced every 4 hours. They can also choose to wear safety glasses at any time. Gloves will be worn when clinically appropriate.
FOR STAFF (reception and administration)
- All staff must check-in with our QR code.
- Reception and administration staff will continue to wear a surgical mask (or they can choose to wear a P2 mask) and masks to be replaced every 4 hours. They can also choose to wear safety glasses at any time.
VISITORS (anyone on site for 15 minutes or more, those accompanying a patient, external workers etc.)
- All must check-in with our QR code.
- All must show their vaccination status, and this will be recorded.
- All visitors must wear a mask unless exempt when on site. If unvaccinated then a P2 mask will be supplied for them to wear.
- For those accompanying a patient who are unvaccinated or not yet fully vaccinated AND who have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, or they are a carer for a person who has a lawful exemption, please call and speak to us prior to attending an appointment. We will need to make special arrangements for you to attend. If we cannot reach an agreement, the consultation will be done by Telehealth. We also ask that only one person (parent or carer) attend with the patient.
Please note: Our Clinic is compliant with mandatory vaccination requirements.
Details about the legal exceptions for face masks in Healthcare settings can be found here: https://hcc.vic.gov.au/public/wearing-face-mask-healthcare-settings-what-are-legal-exceptions
We are living in a rapidly changing world at the moment, and we understand that there is a lot of uncertainty for everyone. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these changes but appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this challenging time.
Stay safe everyone!