New COVID Guidelines will be in place at Alphington Sports Medicine Exercise + Rehabilitation, from Friday 22 October 2021, to provide an environment where the risks of exposure to COVID-19 is managed to the best of our ability.
These Guidelines are for the safety of all on our premises (patients, practitioners, staff, and visitors), and to keep our business open to provide medical services to the public.
We are basing these Guidelines on the staff contact assessment per exposure event risk matrix in the official Healthcare worker contact assessment and management guidance for general practice clinics provided by the Victorian Governments’ Department of Health on 6 October 2021. Our aim is to keep all scenarios on site in the green or yellow categories.
Reminder: Telehealth consults are available for as many of our services and with as many of our practitioners as possible.
Please note: Our Clinic is compliant with mandatory vaccination requirements.
Following is an overview of these guidelines, broken down into categories, to make it easier for everyone to understand:
- Please do not attend or make an appointment if you are unwell, awaiting test results, or have been exposed to COVID.
- All patients must check-in with our QR code.
- Reception staff will ask your vaccination status upon arrival and add this information into our record keeping system and will be accessible by practitioners).
- All patients are required to wear a mask (unless they have an exemption) on our premises – including in Exercise Classes, and when physical distancing can be adhered to. The type of mask required is dependent on their vaccination level: Single vaccinated and unvaccinated will be given a P2 to wear while in the building. Double vaccinated may wear their usual mask.
- Those with mask exemptions will be asked to wait in their car until the practitioner is ready. (any patient can also choose to do this if they do not wish to sit in our waiting area.)
- All practitioners must check-in with our QR code.
- Based on the matrix, to reduce risk level
- Practitioners will wear P2 masks when consulting and masks to be replaced every 4 hours.
- At a minimum practitioner are advised to use safety glasses for single vaccinated or unvaccinated patients, those with a mask exemption, and whilst a patient is doing exercise that raises respiratory rate. We encourage their use with all patients.
FOR STAFF (reception and administration)
- All staff must check-in with our QR code.
- Reception and administration staff must continue to wear a surgical mask, or they can choose to wear a P2 mask, and masks are to be replaced every 4 hours.
- Reception staff are encouraged to wear safety glasses if serving unvaccinated patients or those with mask exemptions.
VISITORS (anyone on site for 15 minutes or more, those accompanying a patient, external workers etc.)
- All must check-in with our QR code.
- All must show their vaccination status, and this will be recorded
- All visitors must wear a mask unless exempt when on site. If unvaccinated then a P2 mask will be supplied for them to wear.
We are living in a rapidly changing world at the moment, and we understand that there is a lot of uncertainty for everyone. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by these changes but appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this challenging time.
Stay safe everyone!