Vietnamese Noodle Salad With Sticky Pork Belly
This refreshing salad is super simple to make. It’s loaded with veggies and requires almost no cooking. It’s the perfect summer dish!
FOR THE SALAD:
- fresh wombok cabbage, chopped
- cos lettuce, chopped
- grated carrot
- cucumber, finely sliced
- bean shoots
- rice vermicelli noodles (prepare according to packet instructions)
- Coles quick cook pork belly slices
TIP: Marinate the pork before you start on the salad ingredients. You can do this the night before or up to an hour before cooking.
- sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
- 1 Tsp of Chinese five spice
- garlic, as much as you like
- ginger, as much as you like
- small drizzle of honey
1. Cook marinated pork pieces in pan. Should only take a minute or two each side.
‘NUOC CHAM’ - Vietnamese dressing:
(Makes enough for 2 serves)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar dissolved in about 1/2 cup of boiling water
- lime juice from 1 lime
- garlic and chilli, as much as you like
2. I mix all of this in a measuring jug or jar and pour over the salad at the very end.
3. To finish, top with crushed peanuts and fried shallots (a must in Asian dishes!)