Roast Veg Salad
This flavoured filled salad does not underdeliver. Even the biggest meat eaters will be pleasantly satisfied!
Serve alongside your preferred choice of protein or enjoy as is. A serving of this contains a healthy dose of energy boosting carbs, plant-based protein, and anti-inflammatory fats.
And more importantly, it’s an easy way to boost your daily vegetable intake. This is a great lunch meal so be sure to make a big batch and enjoy those leftovers.
- red onion
- rocket OR baby spinach
- goat cheese
- raw walnuts
- Small bunch of mint leaves, roughly chopped or torn with hands
- lemon juice from 1 large lemon
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Cut up pumpkin, cauliflower, beetroot and red onion into bite-sized chunks.
- Season veg with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a combo of preferred spices. I like cumin, italian herbs, and salt and pepper for this recipe.
- Roast veggies in oven at 200C for 30 mins or until golden. More colour = more sweetness = more flavour!
- Cook the couscous. I added 1/2 cup to just over 1/2 cup boiling water. Let it boil for a minute then take off the heat and cover with a lid. Let it sit for 10 minutes so the water fully absorbs.
- Plate up starting with a bed of couscous, followed by a few handfuls of fresh rocket leaves, then the roasted veg. Finally top with walnuts, chunks of goat cheese and a good drizzle of the lemon and mint dressing.
Kristen Djermanovic (nee Papathanasiou) is our Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Sports Dietitian and an Approved Eating Disorder Practitioner.