Kristen Papathanasiou is our Accredited Practising Dietitian and an Accredited Sports Dietitian.
Easy Homemade Kebabs with Spring Salad
Healthy and kebab are words we don't offer hear in the same sentence. But these fresh, veggie packed wraps are the perfect healthy alternative to the much loved greasy weekend kebab.
My top tip: add grated zucchini to the lamb mixture. It's a great way to sneak in extra vegetables plus it helps to keep the meat juicy!
Kofta (lamb meatballs)
makes about 10 small patties
- 1kg lamb mince
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1x large Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 3x small radish, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Handful of fresh mint, roughly torn
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Combine kofta ingredients into large mixing bowl.
- Form small, sausage like patties and set aside in fridge to cool whilst making the salad.
- Heat olive oil in a large grill pan over a high heat (could also use a BBQ).
- Cook kofta for about 8-12 minutes, turning once each side is browned.
- Serve with salad, pita bread, and top with hummus or greek yoghurt!