Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total cost: $11.85
Warm the body instantly with a bowl of this flavor-packed curry.
It’s also a surefire way to meet your daily vegetable serves.
Hearty Vegetable Curry
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small chili (optional)
- 1 Tb tomato paste
- 2 cups pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tb grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
TIP: Cook in a slow cooker to save time – excess can be frozen and reheated for a quick meal
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium to high heat. Add ginger, garlic, onion, and chili. Cook until onion has softened.
2. Add spices and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Mix in tomato paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes scraping any spices that get caught at the base of the pan.
4. Add stock, pumpkin, and cauliflower. Reduce heat to low and simmer with lid on for 15-20 minutes.
5. Heat through lentils, spinach and coconut milk and cook with lid off for 2-3 minutes. Serve with brown rice.
Kristen Papathanasiou is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Accredited Sports Dietitian and an Approved Eating Disorder Practitioner.