Kristen Papathanasiou is our Accredited Practising Dietitian and an Accredited Sports Dietitian.
Chicken Larb with Asian Greens
If you're looking for a quick and easy recipe look no further. This take on the classic Thai dish takes less then 10 minutes to cook and is the perfect balance of lean protein, energy boosting carbs, and nutrient rich greens.
- 1 Tb fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon grass stem, finely chopped
- 1-2 chillies, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 600g chicken/pork mince
- 2 bunches of chinese broccoli (gai lan), roughly chopped
- 3 Tb fresh lime juice
- 1½ Tb fish sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
Heat a Tb of oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, chilli and lemongrass and fry off for one minute.
- Add chicken or pork mince and cook for about five minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Heat through the chinese broccoli and onion. Any green veg would work well here i.e. broccolini, green beans, bok choy.
- Stir in the mixture of the lime juice, fish sauce, and brown sugar.
- Top with fresh mint and crushed peanuts. Serve with jasmine or brown rice.
- Serves 4-5