Alphington Exercise + Rehabilitation Centre (AERC) includes an Exercise Area with a variety of gym, pilates and other rehabilitation equipment that enables our experienced exercise Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologist to design and supervise individualised exercise programs. They can consider your injury, surgical procedure or health issue and guide you with your exercise so that you can strive for the best functional outcome possible.
AERC caters for individuals of all ages and exercise needs whether you are a confident gym participant or a newcomer.
Our Exercise Rehabilitation programs can be suitable for:
- Recovery from surgery such as joint replacements, joint reconstruction and arthroscopic procedures.
- Improving function for chronic injuries (injuries that have remained for longer than three months).
- Achieving optimal recovery from acute injuries.
- Sports related injuries – for elite, recreational and adolescent athletes.
- Tendinopathy rehabilitation.
- Injuries sustained in the workplace and in motor vehicle accidents.
- Injury prevention in sport.
- Injury prevention or "work hardening" for the workplace.
- Teenagers requiring a supervised introduction to gym and/or Clinical Pilates programs.
- The needs of the over 50's group.
- Chronic disease management such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes (type I and type II), hypertension (high blood pressure) high cholesterol and depression.
Some of our clients have found that by commencing their exercise program under the supervision and care of a Physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologist they are able to build their understanding of exercise and then attend a mainstream gym with confidence.
Alphington Sports Medicine Clinic established Alphington Exercise + Rehabilitation Centre to provide a focused approach to exercise and rehabilitation. Exercise based rehabilitation programs are evidence based management for the many injuries we sustain in sport, work and daily life.
*Alphington Exercise + Rehabilitation Centre and Alphington Sports Medicine Clinic are located separately on Heidelberg Road. Our Exercise + Rehabilitation Centre is at 376 Heidelberg Road, diagonally opposite the clinic at 339 Heidelberg Road. On-site parking is available for your convenience at both locations.